- Go for a walk and look for God’s trademarks. Use a camera to take pictures of the beauty of nature.
- Set up a sacred space in your home or classroom. Make it a place where people can display wonders of the nature world they have found — actual examples or photographs of them.
- Watch this clip on nature, beauty and gratitude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2egMSliB8DE
- Do you think Ireland is still the Emerald Isle? Find out how green we really are. Watch this film:http://www.trocaire.org/drop
- Do this care for God’s creation quiz and find out how much you know http://resources.crs.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Care-for-Gods-Creation-Quiz.pdf
The earth is the LORD’S, and all it contains, the world, and those who dwell in it.” Psalm 24:1 Last week many people around the world celebrated Earth Day. Pope Francis asked that everyone recognize the earth as God’s gift to protect and cultivate, sharing the world’s natural resources. He asked that people treat the earth “not be guided by greed, manipulation, and exploitation, but rather may it preserve the divine harmony between creatures and creation.” It is important to live in harmony with creation so we can leave it to future generations. Ernesto Cardenal wrote “Everything in nature has a trademark, God’s trademark: the stripes on a shell and the stripes on a zebra; the grain of the wood and the veins of the dry leaf; the markings on the dragonfly’s wings and the pattern of stars on a photographic plate; the panther’s coat and the epidermal cells of the lily petal; the structure of atoms and galaxies. All bear God’s fingerprints.” This Week: