- Watch this video, where Dr. Brian O’Neill from the Dublin Institute of Technology outlines what the EU Kids Online research project tells us about cyberbullying in Ireland: http://safeshare.tv/w/GxoMCXykET
- Watch this ‘Smartphone/Internet Safety Class for Parents and Teens’ from Safe Kids America http://safeshare.tv/w/IwvNUHOXnC
- Watch the 2015 Safer Internet Day 2015 video: http://safeshare.tv/w/BePOvXZXhP
- Follow the Facebook and Twitter campaign pages, #SID2015 and #Up2Us.
- Host a gathering to discuss on online safety in your home, school or parish community.
- Think before you post anything on the internet!
Safer Internet Day 2015 will be celebrated on Tuesday 10 February 2015. Safer Internet Day is organised in February of each year to promote the safer and more responsible use of online technology and mobile phones among children and young people across the world. The theme for the campaign this year is ‘Let’s create a better internet together’. One area of concern is on Safer Internet Day is cyberbullying. Cyberbullying is when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones. When the issue involves adults, it is referred to as cyberharassment or cyberstalking. Safer Internet Day reminds us all to be vigilant and to report any suspected online abuse. This Week: