- Prepare an Advent wreath and light a candle each Sunday. The candles symbolise Jesus, the Light of the world, coming to dwell among us. Here is a link to making a wreath as well as other Advent ideas. http://www.pinterest.com/catholicicing/adventchristmas-ideas-for-kids/
- Learn the story behind the Advent wreath: http://www.romereports.com/pg147757-what-is-an-advent-wreath-en
- Follow Busted Halo’s Advent surprise calender: Each day, the link will lead you to a special Advent-themed Daily Jolt and MicroChallenge: http://bustedhalo.com/features/advent-calendar-2014
- Practice the art of waiting and patience: This week, instead of online shopping, go and wait in line at the local store!
- Listen to this song which tells the Christmas story in a new and unique way – Enjoy!
This week we begin a new year in our journey of faith. We also begin to prepare to commemorate, to remember and to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Advent is a way of preparing ourselves for God coming into our lives each day. During the four weeks of Advent we try to make room for God; to invite God into our daily lives. It can be easy to overlook this season as we prepare for Christmas and the holidays. With the growth of technology we no longer have to wait … we can become impatient if our computer takes a few minutes to upload! Advent reminds us of the importance of waiting and the importance of hope. This is the time to remember what Christians really look forward to and the preparations we must make. Here are some tools to help prepare the journey through Advent: