About the textbook
Responding to feedback from teachers, we are pleased to offer one book to cover 5th and 6th year. This exciting new book is based on the NCCA Curriculum Framework for Senior Cycle RE and is the first text of its kind to cover all eight sections of the Framework.
- Each section is divided into lessons as opposed to chapters, making it very user friendly
- Each lesson has a clear objective and a summary to give a focus to the content covered
- In each lesson students are given opportunities to build their own responses to the material, thus ensuring they engage on a personal level
- Activities vary to challenge and encourage faith development in students by helping them to relate to God in their own lives, in the life of the Church and in the local community, as well as in the wider world
- Activities provide for differentiated, active and co-operative learning by including a variety of methodologies and a wide range of different exercises
- Developed and piloted by a team of experienced teachers.
About the authors
Katherina Broderick teaches in Causeway Comprehensive School, Tralee. She is an associate trainer with the PDST. She formerly worked as Diocesan Adviser for Post Primary Religious Education in the Diocese of Kerry and as Regional Development Officer for the Religious Education Support Service.
Elaine Costelloe teaches in Mercy Secondary School, Mounthawk. She has been teaching Religious Education at both Junior and Senior Cycle for the last twelve years. She has also taught the Leaving Certificate Religious Education Syllabus for examination.
Brendan O’Regan teaches in Arklow CBS. Brendan created and runs the Faith Arts website which provides arts based resources for Religious Education teachers, and is also media columnist with the Irish Catholic newspaper. He has been involved in providing in-service to Religious Education teachers, especially in the area of arts and IT.
Ailís Travers teaches in Loreto College, St. Stephn’s Green and is an Education and Digital Consultant for Veritas. She was a contributing author for Credo, a textbook series for Religious Education in the US and was the conceptual designer of the Credo website. She worked as the web/text co-ordinator for FaithConnect. She has provided in-service and presented workshops in Ireland and the US.